CLBSJ Roundtable Discussion at AAR/SBL
October 12, 2019
Are you attending the 2019 Annual Meetings of the American Academy of Religion and Society of Biblical Literature in San Diego, CA? Please join us on Sunday, 24 November 24 2019, 6:00–7:30pm for a roundtable discussion on “Maintaining Dialogue Between the Seminary, the Sanctuary, and the Streets.”
This facilitated conversation has been organized as one of the “Other Events” held in concert with the 2019 Annual Meetings of the American Academy of Religion and Society of Biblical Literature in San Diego, CA.
The event will focus on the importance today of identifying and nurturing alternative spaces for meaningful conversation and debate about the Bible as touchstone in identity formation, politics, and initiatives aimed at the promotion of social justice. Featured discussants will be:
- Tom Boomershine (Professor Emeritus, New York Theological Seminary)
- Matthew J. M. Coomber (St. Ambrose University)
- Crystal Hall (United Lutheran Seminary)
- Robyn Henderson-Espinoza (Activist Theology Project, Nashville, TN)
- Nicholas A. Johnson (Drew University)
- Sylvia Keesmaat (Institute for Christian Studies, Toronto, Canada)
- Ched Myers (Bartimaeus Cooperative Ministries)
- Hugh R. Page, Jr. (University of Notre Dame)
The event will be held on Sunday, 24 November 24 2019, from 6:00 – 7:30 PM, in the Marriott Marquis Hotel, Presidio 2 (North Tower – Lobby Level). It is listed in the “Other Events” section of the Annual Meeting Program Book (print and online versions) as M24–401.