Rethinking Class in Intersectional Activism and Faith-Based Community Organizing
March 11, 2023, 11:00am–3:00pm Eastern Time
Continuing Reflections on the Work of Norman K. Gottwald
CLBSJ and the Wendland-Cook Program in Religion and Justice are very pleased to invite you to a special online seminar to honor and continue to reflect on the scholarly legacy of CLBSJ’s co-founder, Rev. Dr. Norman K. Gottwald. The event will be held on the one year anniversary of Dr. Gottwald’s passing, March 11.
This online seminar will continue discussions begun at the Society for Biblical Literature annual meeting on the effects that Dr. Norman Gottwald’s 1992 presidential address, Social Class as an Analytic and Hermeneutical Category in Biblical Studies, has had on the role of class analysis in biblical studies. The gathering will consist of eight prepared remarks (speakers noted below), interspersed by facilitated small group discussion.
To register for this session, click here: Register for this event
- Joerg Rieger, Vanderbilt University & Wendland-Cook Program
- Madipoane Masenya, University of South Africa
- Gerald West, University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Monica Melanchthon, University of Divinity
- Stacy Davis, Saint Mary’s College
- Brigitte Kahl, Union Theological Seminary
- Gregory Cuellar, Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary
- Ched Myers, Bartimaeus Cooperative Ministries & CLBSJ
- Ludwig Beethoven J. Noya, Vanderbilt University
- Matthew J.M. Coomber, St. Ambrose University